function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jeff.penrodjeff.penrod 

Streamlining logging into SalesForce Web Application

Our phone system has a desktop agent that can shell out or communicate with external applications.   We have an existing application that gets account information through web services, then invokes an instance of internet explorer 6 and directs the browser to the appropriate account.  

I am performing maintenance on this application, and I'm trying to figure out how to have the application log into the SalesForce web application.   I am successfully logging in through the web service, but the web application is requiring me to log in again when I attempt to navigate to the account page. 

Given a successful login to the web service, is there a way to navigate to the account page without having to enter credentials at the login screen?

Thanks,

Jeff Penrod

SuperfellSuperfell
There's no supported way, but if you search the boards frontdoor.jsp you'll find an unsupported way to do it.
Ian_HIan_H

Here's a website that will tell you everything you need to know ..

http://www.thoughtsonsalesforce.com/2006/10/url_structure.html

This is unsupported, but will do exactly what you want.

Ian.

Quote from the site ..

Recently I decided I wanted to create soom "quick launch" bookmarklets for Salesforce.com. I wanted buttons on my browser toolbar that would take me to specific Mods in Saleforce.com and execute the exact action I wanted without having to first visit a page with such a link, or worse having to use that infernal little drop down for creating new records/objects. For example, I really wanted a button for creating a new Account that was always available.

Mukesh in CloudMukesh in Cloud
how this was achieved the link in earlier post doesnt work