function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alexy1967Alexy1967 

Contolling Customizable forecasting with Record Type

Is it possible to control the opportunity amount values that flow through to forecasting by opportunity Record Type.

For instance, I only want to reflect new business in my forecast and not contract resigns. I have two different opportunity record types linked to different opportunity page layouts to capture different information depending upon whether the sale is new business or a contract re-sign. The contract re-sign record type and page layout prevents users from entering a value in the Amount field by not including it in the page layout and thus re-sign opportunitiy values are not reflected in my forcecast.

The above works well for our business, primarily because we are not using Product. We now want to introduce product into opportunities but in doing so, the Amount field is auto populated regardless of whether we hide the Amount field from our users.

Look forward to hearing any ideas

Alexy1967Alexy1967

Unfortunately, this is not possible.

The best way of splitting new vs. resign is by product family.  This will require that an opportunity product be entered?.

Alternatively, you could create a routine that periodically goes through and automatically creates that opportunity line item.  Please give me a call if you want to talk through this option a little more.

Jeff

Jeffrey Challis
salesforce.com
Customer Success Manager