function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ArmanArman 

What is the relationship between cases and solutions?

I have downloaded the content of tables (case,casesolutions & solutions) into my own tables. I thought that there is a one to many relationship between the case object and the solutions object through casesolutions object. however the ids in the casesolutions object associated with the CaseID and SolutionID fields do not match the CaseNumber and SolutionNumber in the case and solutions table.

Any help is appreciated.
TonkaCruiserTonkaCruiser

Arman,

The Case Solution works as a connector object between both a Case and a Solution.  When you create the object you will need to enter a CaseID and a SolutionID.  They system should create the CaseSolutionID itself.  This will create a relationship which is many-to-many.

The ID value will not match the case number or the solution numbers.  It is the actual ID that Salesforce uses to store data.  If you click on one of the cases in the system the URL will show what the ID is except for the last three digits.  The data loader uses the 18 digit number instead of the 15 digits displayed in the system.  You can also view what the ID is by create a custom formula(text) field that has {!id} in it.  This will display the 15 digit ID.

Chris

kamalesh sahkamalesh sah
Each solution can be associated with multiple cases and a case can be associated with multiple solutions