function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dhubbarddhubbard 

Approvals in Professional Edition

We are using Professional Edition, and I'm trying to fina a way to integrate Approval Requests into our Opportunities (I know with Enterprise & Unlimited this can be done through the Workflow process). The Approval Requests object that can be found on the Contracts tab is perfect, but I can't fine a way to get that list into the Opportunity layout.
Does anyone know if this is possible, of it there is another way I can get this set up to have the approvals managed in the Opportunities?

Thanks!!
TonkaCruiserTonkaCruiser

Dhubbard,

Unfortunately with PE you don’t have many of the functions that would allow you to do what you want.  You could create an approval field that could only be modified by a specific profile and then use a custom link that could submit a case for that user.  Then once the get the case they could review the Opportunity and approve it if needed.  Unfortunately this is also limited because you are only allowed a few of the profiles and can’t create your own.  Preferably you could use Record Types, Custom Profiles, and cases to create a workable model that could mimic the Contract Approval process but this is mostly an EE needed scenario.

Chris

Gavin Britto 2Gavin Britto 2
Hi 

I also have lighting professional Edition and I use process builder for my opportunity approval process processes.

For example, if an opportunity is in the pricing negotiation stage, I send a chatter post to a select chatter group who are involved in the pricing decision.

Hope this helps.

I've not used the "Submit for Approval" in process builder. Is there anyone with info on how to use that?
Vivian Charlie 1208Vivian Charlie 1208

Hi Gavin,

You can find all the help for Approval Processes at the following help page

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=approvals_getting_started.htm&type=0&language=en_US

Inorder to provide you an overview of how this works

1. Administrator creates an approval process

2. Entry criteria, Approval, Requester and Approval / Rejection actions are all setup in this approval process

3. Update the page layout for the object (on which the approval has been created) and add the "Submit for Approval" button and Approval History related list

4. Based on the Initial Submitter criteria you have setup in the approval process those specific users will be able to send the record for approval using "Submit for Approval" button assuming

• The approval process is active
  • The record meets the approval entry criteria

Thanks

Vivian