function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chessbasechessbase 

Pre-release 8.0 regression testing

I have a C# solution which uses Partner API 7.0. Now since pre-release 8.0 is out I have to test the pre-release 8.0 with my C# solution. I can't find Apex API 8.0 to embed in my solution. Please give pointer or some resolution to test my C# code with pre-release 8.0

Regards,
Kevin
adamgadamg
Are you testing a partner solution?  If so, contact your Partner Success Manager for access.  (If you don't know who your PSM is let me know and I'll look it up.)
chessbasechessbase
Yes I'm testing partner solution. I do not know who is my PSM but I got an email from my manager. Email is from Salesforce.com and it says that I have to use below for regression testing:

API version   SOAP endpoint
      8.0           https://prerelease.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0

I have modified the URL with URL and in Partner.WSDL I have modified following:

<soap:address location="https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0" />

and when it comes to login into salesforce it returns me error that invalid user or password or account locked out something. Do not know what steps i have to follow in order to test my C# solution with pre-release 8.0

Looking forward to the resolution,

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
DevAngelDevAngel
You need to re-generate the wsdl and re-import it into your C# project.
SuperfellSuperfell
Well, for regression testing you should just change the server name and continue to use the 7.0 API.
chessbasechessbase
Hi Dave & Simon,

Thanks a lot for the reply. First thing I want to test Apex API 8.0 not 7.0 and second thing API 8.0 isn't out on the server yet therefore when I update the web reference it doesn't update it. I have tried to replace the server name but no luck. Up to certain extent I agree with Dave that i have to reference new 8.0 API and start using my C# project but here I have no idea how to get Apex API 8.0 so that I can reference it in my project.

So do you know where to get this Apex API 8.0 so that I will reference it in my C# project.

Thank you
SuperfellSuperfell
The only reason to test 8.0 is to use the new features, but that's not regression testing.
chessbasechessbase
Well, we wanna test API 8.0 to make sure nothing break in our C# solution for API 7.0 and everything works properly with pre-release API 8.0 so that we will be ready for official release of 8.0