function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KunalKunal 

AppExchange Data Loader does not describe the very last object?

I have a custom object that is named xm_VendorIndex__c. When I want to perform any operation on that object using data loader, it does not show up in the list of objects even after checking the 'Show all Objects box'. I have another object named xm_ManagerIndex__c which does show up in the object list.

I suspect there is something wrong with the way the DataLoader lists the objects. I believe the index falls short by 1 and does not go all the way.

Can you correct the bug and give me the download link please?

Thanks.
KunalKunal
Wow... No Reply !
SteveBowerSteveBower

I haven't tried this, and this isn't much of a reply, but couldn't you test it and workaround it yourself?

Just create xm_ZZZZZ_c, and assuming it's sorting them, you'll have a new "last object", and you'll be able to see your xm_VendorIndex__c. object.  This would verify your hypothesis and let you workaround the (possible) bug.

Just a random thought... Steve.

KunalKunal

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Actually, that's what I ended up doing but threw in the post as it was my understanding that AppExchange Data Loader is now supported by Salesforce.com (which is why you can download it from within Salesforce.com).

AppExchange Data Loader does in fact miss out the last object.

dlucia21dlucia21

Is it the custom object deployed?  Do have administrative rights? 

As a user setup with the Administrator profile, I can see all the custom objects even if the object is still in development.  As another user that doesn't have all the administrative permissions setup in the profile, the custom objects that are in development do not show up in the list.

AppExchange Data Loader does not miss any custom objects.  This is a profile/permissions issue not a software issue.

KunalKunal
1) Is custom object deployed?  - Yes.

2) Does it have administrative rights? -  Well, I logged in as System Administrator in the Data Loader.

3) I agree with your second paragraph. However, it is not relevant to my situation.

4) I tried creating a custom object with name xm_ZZ_c and it didn't show up. However, the object that was missing previously did show up. I don't see how this could be a profiles/permissions issue.

Thanks for your helpful remarks. You did made me look twice at everything !
dlucia21dlucia21
Ahh.  That is very strange.  I thought it pulled in all the objects but I was wrong after I created another object that would appear last on the list.

Have you submitted a case, yet?  I'll do so as well since I use the dataloader too.

I hope they have that fixed for the new version!
dlucia21dlucia21
I just got a response.  It is scheduled to be fixed for the Winter '07 release.