function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
p1errep1erre 

SSO and logout

Hi
I'm building a Sinlge Sign-On solution involving SalesForce and I have a question regarding the logout mechanism:

I have a partner application that redirects to SalesForce, by using SSO the user that has already been authorized (delegated Authentication)
on the partner application side doesn't have to re-enter this information again when accessing SalesForce.

When the user decides to log-out from his SalesForce session is there a way to get the user to be logged out from the partner application session too,
or vice versa, when the user first logs-out from the partner application how can he be logged out from the SalesForce session?

Thanx
SuperfellSuperfell
When you redirect to salesforce for the SSO login, you can specify a logout URL that the user is taken to when they click the logout link. This could be a page on your system that invalids the related session.
Jim NiemannJim Niemann
We are using Single Sign-On for user login validation and I do not see how we specify the logout URL. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Jim Niemann
SecureAxis Software
SuperfellSuperfell
I don't have the exact details to hand, but i believe its documented in the SSO developers guide.