function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kminevkminev 

Direct users to SF customer portal via an external web site

I have a public web site on which there is a login button pointing to the salesforce customer portal. I need to be able to direct the users to the proper url. For example if a user XXXX logs in from my public web site with his/her cridentials they should be directed to link that will log them in to their customer portal.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Surfwriter.comSurfwriter.com
Do you have multiple Salesforce.com orgs?
Are you using the free Self Service Portal?
You need to direct different website users to different portals based upon their login in your website?
kminevkminev
No I have only one sf organization and I am using the new customer portal not the self service portal.

Technically I have login url path for every single customer that I have and when loging in people from my public web site I need to be able to figure out to which url to log them in to.

where I have multiple portalId's and based on the username and password passed to my text boxes I need to know where I am suppose to send the users to or log them in on the fly using the correct url path

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance
kminevkminev
One option I am looking into is doing a query against the apex web service and based on the username to return the url login path. I am looking at the object browser and I was able to locate this field where the login url is being stored at all.