function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
valentinoromelivalentinoromeli 

create a Workflow rule for the 'User' object

I would like to create a Workflow rule for the 'User' object but can't see the 'User'
object in the list.

Anyone?

Regards
lopezclopezc

Hi,

I have the same problem, did you manage to do it?

ValentinRomelioValentinRomelio

Hi Lopez, 

I didn't.

But alternatively a did a request on an apex web service that does a select on the User object

when I retrieve an outbound message of for example an account when there's user info needed.

So, the User info is only needed in relation to a primary object (e.g. account, delivery address), not as an outbound message for itself.

Another way is to create an alternative object with a trigger which updates the user object when there is a record inserted or updated. And then to create an outbound message for this alternative object.

I went for the first solution.

Does this helps you out?

Regards,
Valentino Rijhen

lopezclopezc

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I managed to create a new trigger based on a User when it is updated. I think we can't create workflows but we can do triggers on this object.

Message Edited by lopezc on 06-17-2009 10:27 AM
lopezclopezc

I am thinking about your workflow calling an apex web method. How do you do that? How does the endpoint url look like?

thanks!

ValentinRomelioValentinRomelio

You should create a workflow rule via setup for your e.g. account object.

On this workflow rule you can attach an outbound message.

This outbound message points to a local web service e.g. http://yourserver/receiver.aspx or receiver.asmx

This webservices also does a request on an apex web service your written in salesforce in order to complete your account info with user info.

The apex web service does a select request on the user object based on the id you submitted and returnes

the selected user the to local web service.

The web services writes these values to your local database, or any other application on your backend.

Does this help you out?

Regards,
Valentino Rijhen