function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lealexlealex 

Licence Manager returned when querying for sfdc users

Hi,

When I query sfdc to get a list of users, one user that is returned is "License Manager".

UserName: 033400000004laoaam@00d80000000kvmweaw

Email address: 033400000004LAoAAM@00D80000000KVmWEAW.apx

ProfileId: 00580000001f31UAAQ

First Name: License

Last Name: Manager

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? If this is a known issue? And if this user is intentionally exposed?

If it is intentional, does anyone know of a easy way to filter this user out of my query? I only want the users which are in my sfdc UI. 

Thanks,

Alex

devNut!devNut!
Add the clause: USERTYPE='Standard'

------------------- from the API doc -----------------------------------------------
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm

The category of user license. Each UserType is associated with one or more UserLicenses. Each UserLicense is associated with one or more profiles. In API version 10.0 and later, valid values include:
  • Standard: Salesforce user license. This user type also includes Salesforce Platform and Salesforce Platform One user licenses. Label is Standard.
  • PowerPartner: PRM user whose access is limited because he or she is a partner and typically accesses the application through a partner portal. Label is Partner.
  • CustomerSuccess: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through a customer portal. Label is Customer Portal User.
  • PowerCustomerSuccess: user whose access is limited because he or she is an organization's customer and accesses the application through a customer portal. Label is Customer Portal Manager.

Users with this license type can view and edit data they directly own or data owned by or shared with users below them in the customer portal role hierarchy.

lealexlealex
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

However, unfortunately the API states UserType is only available for API 10.0 or newer and I am using version 7.0, so UserType does not help me. Does anyone know of another way to filter out the "License Manager" user?

UserName: 033400000004laoaam@00d80000000kvmweaw

Email address: 033400000004LAoAAM@00D80000000KVmWEAW.apx

ProfileId: 00580000001f31UAAQ

First Name: License

Last Name: Manager

Thanks,
Alex
devNut!devNut!
Oh, that's too bad.  I suppose you can filter it out based on ID.

where userId!="<some id>"