function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Golden10Golden10 

Mail Merge Custom Link

Hi guys,

I have been doing some research on adding a custom link on to the account page that will generate a Word mail merge Document based ONLY on the Account information. I havent come across any information on exactly how it can be done. I have re-developed our SFDC instance and this is one of the last steps and it is bugging me!!

I know Print Anything can be an option, but if the Mail Merge function is doable, it would be more beneficial as i have the document set up already.

Cheers!
foghornfoghorn
<script> var newMM = new ActiveXObject('AppExchangeMailMerge.MMHost.1') //opp/account etc id mainId = '00600000007m5Ki' //additional contact id, can be empty string cid = '' //templateid did = '01H000000000CQQ' var gackUrl = '/servlet/servlet.GackSender' var gackList = 'gack@salesforce.com' //current sid. var sessionId = '431700D00000000hilP!AQsAQK0XOwtvH.y4QymsoL_8HF3Gnmzv0_10_Yr5J01qo1wnWKLn4TqLVcFaPtddjfYuxapKCFHmeT2uJsqMtaweRC8ntXp5' //your app server var appServer = 'https://ssl.salesforce.com' newMM.GenMailMerge( sessionId, appServer, mainId, cid, did, gackUrl, gackList, false ) </script>
foghornfoghorn
Humm, can't say i'm impressed with how that post was formatted.