function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SantDevTeamSantDevTeam 

Developing for Professional Edition

Our development and integration with Salesforce has always been against the Enterprise or Unlimited editions.
For a company who only has Salesforce Professional Edition, what additional components would they need to acquire/purchase to be able to use what we've developed against the Enterprise edition?

Would such a customer need to purchase/acquire Web Services API licenses ?

Can we just specify our partner/developer id within the APEX toolkit to access Salesforce components?
werewolfwerewolf
Can we just specify our partner/developer id within the APEX toolkit to access Salesforce components?

If you've been AppExchange certified then the API will work from your products when you use your client ID.  Bear in mind there are some things PE does not have, like workflow, so if your package uses workflow you'll have to make a version of the package that does not for PE users.
SantDevTeamSantDevTeam

I've seen the AppExchange topic on certification which I thought was for applications that would be available for download (free or free trial) from AppExchange to SalesForce customers.

In our case, we would not necessarily look to have this feature/product generally available to the public but rather a add-on capability that our customers who use SalesForce would be able to purchase and use to integrate SalesForce to our proposal automation software suite.

Does that differentiate our effort to the point the certification really isn't relevant?

Or, does using our developer/partner id in the APEX API for integrating within the Professional Edition require certification in any case?

werewolfwerewolf
Yes, you need to be certified to use the API with PE.
MeenakshmiMeenakshmi

Hi ,

I have a dot net application and I want a two way sync with salesforce. My client is using Professional Edition. Their requirement is that they want data to flow fom salesforce to web application and from that to Salesforce back.
Is this scenario possible for professional edition. If yes then please let me know how to do this.
This is urgent.