function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arasuarasu 

How can I enable profile to only add/edit/delete attachments ?

Hi,

How can I enable a profile whereby an user has access to only add/edit/delete attachments in Notes and Attachment section for Accounts that may/may NOT be owned by the user.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JorgeSFDCJorgeSFDC

The permission to delete Notes and Attachments is tied to the Edit permission on the record itself. If you have one, you will have the other. A Workaround to this would be to create a Visualforce page that displays the Notes and Attachment related list, but without displaying the delete link to the Notes and Attachment records. Another option would be to create a Trigger that would prevent the deletion of the Notes and Attachment records. There is an AppExchange package that addresses this very issue. Please follow this link here;

https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t400000006AJC

Please note that the Package is not created by Salesforce.com and we do not provide any support for it.

Message Edited by JorgeSFDC on 05-13-2009 04:58 PM

All Answers

JorgeSFDCJorgeSFDC

Arasu,

I don't believe this is functionality in sfdc at the moment, this would be a great enhancement that could be posted on the Ideas forum.

Otherwise, if you have found a workaround for this I would be interested in hearing your solution.

Regards,

JG

JorgeSFDCJorgeSFDC

The permission to delete Notes and Attachments is tied to the Edit permission on the record itself. If you have one, you will have the other. A Workaround to this would be to create a Visualforce page that displays the Notes and Attachment related list, but without displaying the delete link to the Notes and Attachment records. Another option would be to create a Trigger that would prevent the deletion of the Notes and Attachment records. There is an AppExchange package that addresses this very issue. Please follow this link here;

https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t400000006AJC

Please note that the Package is not created by Salesforce.com and we do not provide any support for it.

Message Edited by JorgeSFDC on 05-13-2009 04:58 PM
This was selected as the best answer
tstrongtstrong

Are you saying that if a profile does not have delete permission on an object, they cannot delete an attachment associated to that object in the related list? 

Our sales users do not have delete permission on a custom Agreement object, but they can delete an attachment on that object.  I haven't been able to prevent them from deleting anything in the Notes & Attachments related list.

vinodshivharevinodshivhare

I believe, users can delete Notes and Attachment even though they do not have delete permission to an object but user should be the owner of Notes and Attachment record.

AdilewaAdilewa

I cloned the Admin Profile becuase I needed to see Encrypted information as an admin, but now I can't delete attachments from any object. I didn't make any other changes to the profile.

Do you know why I can't delete any attachments from my cloned admin profile?