function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KurtvdlKurtvdl 

Duplicating Specific Field Info

I am attempting to Duplicate the data in the Address (Street, City, State/Province, Zip) field from the Contacts section into appropriate fields I created (Street, City, State/Province, Zip) in the Opportunities section, so I do not have to re-type it every time. I created appropriate fields and have tried to use formulas but have failed. I have tried reading up on S-Controls and formulas, but I haven't had any success. Could someone please help? Thank you very much.
Greg HGreg H
Depending on your comfort level with sControls, you could pass the information within the URL.  Basically, my suggestion would be to create a custom link/button located on the Contact detail screen that would access the new Opportunity screen.  I wrote a pretty detailed sample of how this can be done in another post.  Please go here to view:
-greg
KurtvdlKurtvdl
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
KurtvdlKurtvdl
I don't think that is quite what I am looking for. Here is exactly what steps I take and what I need.

First, I create an account with name, address, etc.

Second, I create a new contact and put the appropriate information in the fields. When I create a new account, the address, city, street, zip are all filled in for me.

Third, I create a new opportunity. In that opportunity, I created new fields that have the address, city, state, zip. I want those fields to be populated off of the contact info.

Thanks for any help.
Greg HGreg H
The pre-population of data from the account to the contact when you create a new contact is something that is built into salesforce's standard functionality.  The data that gets pre-populated on a new Opportunity is also standard and cannot currently be modified in the setup/configuration.

There is no way to do what your asking without incorporating an sControl or some other custom functionality into your processes.  So it seems that you'll need to manually add that information until you move forward with some customizations.
-greg