function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stephenmarcusstephenmarcus 

Would like to have my .Net app interact with SalesForce.com at run-time

Has anyone been successful in having their own independent app running next to -- and interacting with -- SalesForce.com?  It would be great to respond to events in SalesForce.com, and perhaps pipe back instructions to SalesForce.com from my app. 

This is quite different than just using an API or Web Service to get or put data to SalesForce.com.  I want to link the two programs and treat them as one cooperative unit.

JakeHJakeH

Hi Stephen,

I had a similar need; back when we used SalesLogix, I had developed an Access database that managed our inventory. It interacted with SalesLogix quite nicely.

When we switched to Salesforce, I still needed to manage inventory, and obviously the Access database was no longer an option (it was pretty clunky anyway!). I looked all over for options, and when I came across BungeeLabs at the developer conference in May I was really excited by the possibilities their platform demonstrated.

Basically, they have a programming language that makes all the SOAP, REST, yadda-yadda really easy to work with. Their IDE is free and on-demand, and pretty impressive.

The end results are fantastic. We have a full-blown inventory management app that's totally integrated with Salesforce. The end-user doesn't even know they're using something other than Salesforce, but the power and richness of the UI is head-and-shoulders above what's possible inside Salesforce.

It went so well that they are blogging about it here: http://bungeelabs.wordpress.com/ and have a video to watch there, too.