function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JakeHJakeH 

New development platform - BungeeLabs

HI All,

Just wanted to suggest an alternative to the other development options out there. There's a new company called BungeeLabs that's doing some really interesting stuff.

Back when we used SalesLogix, I had developed an Access database that managed our inventory. It interacted with SalesLogix quite nicely.

When we switched to Salesforce, I still needed to manage inventory, and obviously the Access database was no longer an option (it was pretty clunky anyway!). I looked all over for options, and when I came across BungeeLabs at the developer conference in May I was really excited by the possibilities their platform demonstrated.

Basically, they have a programming language that makes all the SOAP, REST, yadda-yadda really easy to work with. Their IDE is free and on-demand, and pretty impressive.

The end results are fantastic. We have a full-blown inventory management app that's totally integrated with Salesforce. The end-user doesn't even know they're using something other than Salesforce, but the power and richness of the UI is head-and-shoulders above what's possible inside Salesforce.

It went so well that they are blogging about it here: http://bungeelabs.wordpress.com/ and have a video to watch there, too.