function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jbjbjbjb 

Flex toolkit and SFDC editions

With which SFDC editions ("group", "professional", "enterprise" or "unlimited", etc.) is the Flex toolkit compatible, i.e. can users of any edition install and use an S-control which is written in Flex and which uses the SFDC Flex toolkit to make API calls to the platform?
Thanks.
werewolfwerewolf
You'll only be able to use it with Enterprise and Unlimited editions (and Developer Edition), as those are the only editions that support the web services API that the Flex Toolkit relies on.
Ron HessRon Hess
as an AppExchange certified partner you can apply for a client id to allow your application to use the API with professional edition customers.  You can then compile this into your flex app and it will run in PE.
jbjbjbjb
Thanks - that's great news. Can you point me to the property or method in the Flex toolkit where we can set the Client ID, or do we need to place it in the SOAP header manually?
michaelforcemichaelforce

Any resolution here?  I have just received my 'client ID' for a flex app and am going to begin to figure out how to utilize it...  it will be tough because i have no professional edition to try it on...  hmm.  Anyhow, appreciate a point in the right direction.

michaelforcemichaelforce

I got myself a '30 day trial' which is PE... followed direction from Mr. Hess and got it working with the following addition to the connection tag...

Code:
<salesforce:Connection id="apex" client="YOUR_CLIENT_ID_HERE"/>

Cheers to Ron for checking email over the weekend :smileyhappy: