function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
agermanagerman 

Converting Lead lookup relationship w/ custom object

Hello,

I have a custom object called "Properties" that I use to link all of my Leads to. I am in real estate and that is how I associate my leads - by the properties that they own, have bought or have sold.

If I convert a lead to an opportunity I lose the look-up relationship to that property when that lead becomes a contact. How can I keep the property associated to that person when they move from "lead" to "contact"?

Thanks!
Carl_V1Carl_V1

Only way I can see to solve this is a) with an Apex trigger and associated script or b) an s-control and custom button.

The Apex would be the preferred route, as you would just hang the script off the back of the 'convert' function (see Apex Ref guide pg. 116 for more detail), pull down the IDs of the new contact, acct and/or opp and update the custom object record with links to those IDs as desired. 

This also assumes you're using Enterprise or higher.

Cheers,

Carl

CarlonDemand

Message Edited by Carl_V1 on 04-20-2008 05:28 PM
agermanagerman
Hi, thanks for the input and suggestion.

I am only using the Professional edition so I am not sure if anything you mentioned will apply to me?

If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Carl_V1Carl_V1
Ouch - sorry but I cant think of any available features in Professional Edition that would achieve what I think you're after.
premilapremila

i am using enterprise and was looking for a similar help.  can u explain a little