function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RameshwarRameshwar 

problems in accessing the lookup field data in a web page

Hi,

I am trying to access a look up field data from a web page but it is working when i select any listed data in a lookup data listing
page

here, I found some stuff from the community board

In which, it is stated that you can not access any lookup field from web to lead form

I have put all the html code in s-Control then that lookup field is working fine but when I copied the same html in external server
page and called in a salesforce webtab then it is not workable for me.

So, Kindly suggest me any alternatives / solution on this

Thanks & Regards
Rameshwar
04-18-2008 08:15 AM
werewolfwerewolf
As I mentioned to arasu, you can't just get lookup data in an unauthenticated environment (or from a separate web server as you're doing).  It may work in your Scontrol because you happen to be in the Salesforce.com domain and because, if you're looking at the Scontrol, you have clearly already authenticated to Salesforce.  So copying the HTML as you have done simply will not work.

If you want to fill something like a lookup on your own external page, you will have to have your page make a query in a web services request to Salesforce (on the server side -- so the page should be in PHP, JSP, Java, ASP, or whatever your preferred scripting language is -- don't try to do this in Javascript on the page, it won't work due to cross-domain issues).  Then you can fill your HTML dynamically with the results of that query and render the page to the client.