function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IntegrationsIntegrations 

AccoutTeamMember and AccountShare object inserts

I am using Informatica to load data from our customer master into SF.

When I create a record through the API (Informatica connector) in the AccountTeamMember object, a related record is automatically created in the AccountShare object granting access for that person to various other account related objects (i.e. cases, opportunities).

The problem I have is that it is assigning some generic default access levels in the AccoutShare object upon insert. As a result I have had to develop another job that updates the AccountShare records that were just inserted.

We are recreating teams on a nightly basis, so this is nearly 1 million records that are being created and updated nightly. THIS TAKES HOURS to run!!

I would like to try and find a way to force specific values to be applied with the AccountShare inserts that result from an insert of a record to the AccountTeamMember with a TeamMemberRole = 'Sales Rep'.

Anyone know if/how this is possible?
IntegrationsIntegrations

It was suggested to me that we create a trigger to do the update to the AccountShare object.  Does anyone have code that will update a record on object 2 when an insert is performed on object 1?  If so, can I have it??

Thanks.