function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RJ75RJ75 

Convert a lead to opportunity with Workflow

Hello Everyone -

On the Lead object I have created an Account Number custom field. I've created this because I've integrated SFDC with another home grown system where Sales enters their Leads after a call campaign. In the homegrown system a Lead becomes an Account when the Account is assigned an Account Number.

So in SFDC I've created an Account Field on the Lead Object. When the information from the other system comes over and a Lead that didn't have an Account number now has one, and that field is populated, I would like the Lead to convert to an Account.

I've created the Workflow Rule but am unsure what value to select under the Rule Criteria Section. Mainly because I can't determine what the Account Number will be since it is coming from the other system. Does that make sense? Right now I have it blank - so it looks like this:

Field                                                Operator               Value 
Lead: Customer Account Number      =                      ??? - What value should I place in there?

Thanks for any input I appreciate it!