function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arasuarasu 

Why does my PRM user cannot edit the Accounts inspite of having View and Edit permission?

Hi,

We have Silver partner license for PRM. After enabling an account as "Partner" , I activated a PRM user by clicking the "Enable Partner Portal Login" button in the contact detail page for the same account. But although the user can view the account information in PRM portal, he does have the edit privileges to edit the account until I manually enable Account Sharing for the user by clicking the sharing button with read-write option.

I verified his PRM profile and the Account object DO HAVE read and edit permissions. Then why does the PRM user does not have edit privilege to the Account that is enabled as a partner?

For e.g: Account "Starbucks" is enabled as Partner and User John is a contact who is activated with "Enable Partner Portal Login" for Starbucks account. When John logs in to PRM, he can view Starbucks details and also see the edit button, but when he clicks the edit button, it throws the typical "Does not have necessary privilege to edit " message.

Appreciate all your feedbacks to this problem.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

Will MoxleyWill Moxley
Once you enable a partner contact to login to the partner portal (which means you linked the Contact to a User) you can no longer change the account the partner contact is linked to.  This is a feature we have on our roadmap.  However, we do not have a target date for delivery.  If the user belongs to a different partner account then you should disable the user linked to the contact on the old partner account and then create a new contact  on the new partner account and enable that contact there.

Also, please post future PRM questions to the Partner Relationship Management discussion group.