function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jchanowitzjchanowitz 

Eclipse IDE not able to access src in a Sandbox project

I'm all of a sudden unable to use a Sandbox project in Eclipse.  If I try to "Refresh from Server" for any asset under src/unpackaged  I get back a ServiceException stating the package was deleted in my production organization and is no longer accessible from the sandbox (UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION).   

An app I have still works when pointing to the sandbox, the schema explorer for the project still works, and I'm able to see my classes, triggers, etc. in the correct sandbox from the salesforce UI.  Developer instance Eclipse projects still work, and any new sandbox projects I create throw the same errors.

I haven't changed anything between it working and not working, (other than a pretty long SF maintanance outage Friday nite??).

Anybody else seeing this behavior with sandboxes, or am I personally doing something stupid here.  

Thanks.

werewolfwerewolf
Sandbox just got upgraded to Spring '09.  Maybe try making a new project and connecting it to Sandbox?  If that doesn't work contact Salesforce.com support.
StephenBStephenB

Hi - I got similar strange things this morning - see my post in the Apex Code forum

link

It's not exactly what you're seeing but may be related. We have raised a bug with premier support as something is clearly up after the upgrade...

Stephen

jchanowitzjchanowitz

So perhaps there's an issue with using Eclipse projects created with pre-Spring release sandboxes after the upgrade, and there's probably some less-than-obvious Eclipse setting to line things up again.  Can you post when you hear back?

I'll probably just create a new sandbox, and rebuild that. Too bad that's such a painful process, but that's another post. :smileywink:

Thanks.

JonPJonP

Creating a new Force.com project in the IDE when you hit an error like this is a good idea, in the same way that restarting Windows often fixes problems with MS software.  It reduces the chance that a problem is caused by some kind of past state or corruption.

But the UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION message is definitely a server-side issue, and unless some kind of corruption occurred when you tried to refresh your project and got this error (very unlikely), your project should start working again once the server issue is resolved.  In any case, you should not need to change any Eclipse settings to get your project working again.

Salesforce.com Support has seen at least one case with an identical message to the one you've reported, and a fix may have been released over the weekend.  Please try to connect to your Sandbox again, and if it still doesn't work open a case with Support so they are aware of your problem and can work to resolve it.

Thanks,

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

jchanowitzjchanowitz

Sounds good.

Thanks for the response.

JonPJonP
Are you still experiencing this issue?  Did you open a case with Support?