function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
softcloud2009softcloud2009 

Custom s-control using URL to open pop up window

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a custom S-Control using URL to open a pop up window? If so, can anyone send me the example. Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jrotensteinjrotenstein

Ah, so you mean the Edit link in a List View? I'm not sure if you can remove that link, but somebody else might comment.

One thing you CAN do is add a field which contains a link to an external system. Create a Formula field of type Text and use the HYPERLINK() formula to build a URL, eg:

HYPERLINK("http://www.acme.com/admin/edit.aspx?id=" & Email, "Edit", "_blank")

That adds a link to an external site and opens it in a new window.

Just add the field to the list view and you're done!

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Yes, here is a link to the online help

In short, go to Setup -> App Setup-> Develop -> Scontrols.

When creating a new SControl, set the type to "URL" and enter in your URL.

Next, you need to add the SControl to the object and page layout as necessary. Check out this online help link to configure a custom button or link for the page layouts.

hi aalbert,

I thank you for your response. I read the online help but it didn't mention about how to create a URL to open a pop up window. That is actually my problem, I would like to override my edit button on list view to open in the new window and I don't want to use HTML since it will redirect me to some blank page. Have you done similar like this before? Thanks.

jrotensteinjrotenstein

softcloud2009 wrote:

I would like to override my edit button on list view to open in the new window and I don't want to use HTML since it will redirect me to some blank page.

You could hide the standard Edit button and create your own under "Buttons and Links". Set the Behavior to "Display in New Window".

The question is... what do you want to display in the window? Do you want the standard Edit screen, or a screen of your own design? That will tell you what you need as the URL.

Hi Jrotenstein,

I have been waiting for a solution to this problem almost two weeks now and you give me a little light. :)

Can you show me how to hide the default 'edit' link on list view and create a custom one? I would like to make sure that we are on the same page here. This is the edit link on LIST VIEW which normally looks like:

edit | delete     Description           Date Created        Date Modified
edit | delete     Description           Date Created        Date Modified

I would like to link that with my custom web page (NOT in Salesforce) build in .NET framework.

Thanks.

jrotensteinjrotenstein

Ah, so you mean the Edit link in a List View? I'm not sure if you can remove that link, but somebody else might comment.

One thing you CAN do is add a field which contains a link to an external system. Create a Formula field of type Text and use the HYPERLINK() formula to build a URL, eg:

HYPERLINK("http://www.acme.com/admin/edit.aspx?id=" & Email, "Edit", "_blank")

That adds a link to an external site and opens it in a new window.

Just add the field to the list view and you're done!

This was selected as the best answer
Is anyone know how to hide or disable the standard edit link in list view? Thanks.