function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PookyPooky 

Resolved!

I am using a formula on each year of opportunities to determine win/loss percentage. It works for every year except for one...which has more losses than wins. Can anyone tell me why this may be.

Formula I am using is: Win Percentage = WON:SUM / CLOSED:SUM

In 2008 I have 111 won and 150 lost and the formula shows the win percentage as 261%.

Any ideas?

Message Edited by Pooky on 01-29-2009 07:55 AM
werewolfwerewolf

How many are closed? 

261 = 111+150.  Interesting...

PookyPooky

Excellent question....actually that formula while standard for SF is probably not correct for my folks.  What I am trying to do is take the sum of all opportunities where stage  = SCIC Receives Application - (Sold) divide it by the sum of all opportunites where stage  = opportunity lost.

PookyPooky

One more thing...those 2 stages map to Closed/Won which is 111 and closed/lost which is 111

Thanks for any help you can provide

werewolfwerewolf
I don't know, I'm flying blind because I can't see your data, but if I were you I'd make a custom formula field on the opportunity object (not in the report) that returns a 1 if it meets your criteria (e.g. "stage  = SCIC Receives Application - (Sold)") and 0 otherwise, and sum that formula field and use that in your custom summary field instead.
PookyPooky
ok. I will give that a try. Thanks