function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TesterInSkyTesterInSky 

why? I couldn't find AccountNumber in Account in Enterprise WSDL v15 pre-release(Unlimited Edition)

I checked the Enterprise WSDL, but could not find 'AccountNumber' in 'Account' which could be see on Web UI, under Setup->Customize->Accounts->Fields

Is this a tempory issue for pre-release editions? What's the final behavior for v15 release?

P.S.:

But if I generate the Enterprise WSDL from a Developer Edition, and I could find the definition of AccountNumber in this WSDL. So I got a little confused.

werewolfwerewolf
Did you check to see that your field-level security actually allows you to see that field as the user you're logging into the API as?
TesterInSkyTesterInSky

Thanks. Indeed, the default accessibility setting for Unlimited edition and Developer edition are different.

So another question, the default accessibility setting for Group, Professinal, Enterprise and Unlimited are the same or not?

I noticed that 'Field Accessibility' is only available for Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions. Then how could I know the default Field Accessibility setting for Professinal?

Message Edited by TesterInSky on 02-03-2009 09:34 PM
shillyershillyer

GE has no API access. For PE, the field is available via the API, if and only if the field is placed on the page layout. Removing it from the page layout, removes API access.

Hope that helps,

Sati

SuperfellSuperfell
Well, group & prof don't get api access or FLS, so that's somewhat of a non-question. I'm intrigued to know why you want know, i'd think knowing the defaults is meaningless given how easy it is to change. (and given that the api can tell you the current access)