function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin 

Unexpected Behavior in Winter 07 - email notifications

Has anyone else been seeing unexpected behavior from the email notifications controlled by the Case Support Settings since switching to Winter 07?

I haven't been able to track all circumstances that trigger it, but it seems that Case Assigned notifications are getting sent to often and under new circumstances. Specifically, Cases that get closed by the Case Owner or another User trigger the Case Assigned notifications even though there was no change in Case Owner assignment, only in the Status.

It seems like changing the Status now also triggers the Case Assignment notifications. If Status is the only thing changed, the Case Owner gets notified.

If a Comment is added, an additional email is sent, which is expected behavior since we enable the Notify Case Owners of Comments setting.

Luke

P.S. Peter Dapkus recommended posting here in his blog entry - is there a better board for Non-Apex related discussions?
XmikeXmike
I too have seen this. The strange thing is that this behaviour appears to have started today when our server was updated to 07 on Saturday. Something new must have happened. Case assignment notification triggering on case edit is a PITA, especially if the case is already in your name and you trigger a notification to yourself.
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin
I agree, it doesn't seem like it started as soon as the upgrade happened but perhaps on Jan 9 or 10. And moreover, another aspect appears to have been fixed as of today: My users reported that they were not getting notifcations based on our Notification Template but rather a default, generic message. I confirmed this on Jan 9 and 10, but today it's working as expected.
dkellydkelly

I too have had these issues.

I've also got an issue with an SControl that sends EMail using a MergeField for Case.OwnerEmail
and it works great when the Owner is a User, but When he Owner is a Queue the Address ends up being blank. This worked correctly Prior to W07.

Thanks

Don

benjasikbenjasik
we are investigating these.  If you have not logged cases, please do so as well.
benjasikbenjasik
Should be fixed as of sat night.  Let us know if you still see this.