function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GraceWGraceW 

Active lead assignment rule not firing!

Hi,
        I have a lead assignment rule set up and marked as active. But when I push a lead in my system to SF, the active assignment rule is not firing, which means the lead isn't assigned to whom it is supposed to assigned to.
       Of course, I didn't specify the assignment rule in my application when I pushed the lead across to SF. I thought the default active assignment rule should fire up, right.
       Do I miss something? Is there any further steps I need to follow in order to make an active assignment rule apply?
       Thanks for your input!
SuperfellSuperfell
If you want the default assignment rule to run, you need to send the AssignmentRuleHeader in your request and set the useDefaultRule element to true.
GraceWGraceW
Thanks for your response!
So am I right here:
The lead owner is going to be whoever the logged-in lead creator is
if a salesperson logs onto SF, when he/she creates a new lead, the lead's owner is the salesperson.
if the admin logs onto SF, when he/she creates a new lead, the lead's owner is the admin.
if my application wants to put a lead across to SF, I need to put an assignmentRuleHeader request and set the assignmentRule I want unless I want the lead owner to be whom the application is logged in as.

Thanks again!
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, and you can either specific a specific rule, or just specify that the default rule should run.
Mike LeachMike Leach
On a similar note, if I add EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = true, will the auto-assigned owner also recieve an alert?
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes.