function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wmpDevwmpDev 

Outbound Messaging Redundancy

Hello,

I’m planning on using “Outbound Massaging” when an account approval event occurs in SF.  In the Apex_Api documentation it says that the message will be dropped after 24 hours of inability to communicate with the endpoint.   Does anyone have an Idea how to prevent the los of the message in such a situation?  Can anyone think of redundancy solution in this particular situation…

Thanks,
Dan
SteveBowerSteveBower
The only truly redudant thing I could see would involve using Salesforce itself as a log of successful delivery of the message.  So, keep track of the messages you're sending in some sort of Object, send the message, and when the recipient gets the message, it could go back into salesforce and flag/remove the record to show the message has been received.

A different process would be needed to periodically review the list of outbound messages and resend any that have been sitting around more than 24 hours.  Of course, if your messages require serial processing then you have to first check to see if there are still outstanding messages before you send a new one, possibly save the message without sending it, etc.

Even if you were to use some sort of reliable message queing service as the recipient, if you can't trust that the message will ever make it *out* of SFDC in the first place, then I'm not sure you have a lot of options.

I'm curious as to other people's suggestions.  Thanks, Steve.

ToyClownToyClown

Hi Steve,

I really need you help.   I  have intermittent network problems in sending outbound messages.Nomally the dead messages will keep in the queue in 24 hours , but in the weekend , the waiting-time is more than 24 hours, so when the network connect , normally I will lose these responses. I would be thankful if you could show me a way to avoid this problem.

Regard,

Jerry