function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ToreTore 

Managed Package Object Error

I'm using the new Manage Package feature which appends a new namespace on custom objects.  Everything was working fine until a day or two ago and now the API seems unable to find the custom objects even though they are being requested by the proper name.  Has anyone had any issues with namespaces while using the Manage Package?

If it helps I get:
Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [sf:INVALID_FIELD] INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'EROI__EROI_Subject__c' on entity 'EROI__EROI_Edition_Contact__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

This error would be easy to troubleshoot if the column it claims doesn't exist did not exist.  But it does.  Any ideas?
Ron HessRon Hess
it looks like your prefix EROI is added by the system, and you added it to the object name prior.

so unless your WSDL shows the object has two prefixes, you will have to edit the object name to clean it up.

your code should match what appears in the WSDL.
ToreTore
Thanks for the quick response.  I'm using the Partner WSDL as this app if for the appexchange.  There are no name spaces specified in so far as I know in the Parner WSDL, only in the Enterprise WSDL.  We have users that use both the original namespace EROI_ as well as the salesforce added namesspace for the Managed Package which appends EROI__ to EROI_ to create EROI__EROI_ at the beginning of each object.  The app we've created checks for which namespace is relevant and uses that on the object calls.  This worked fine until a few days ago and seems to have randomly stopped working.
Ron HessRon Hess
please file a bug report, this does sound strange.
the object itself will / should always have the same name, partner or enterprise it should not change.