function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rutger KarsRutger Kars 

How to determine in which account you are working?

Hello,

How can I, via API or through the webpage, determine which record (contact/account) is active at the moment? And with active I mean which contact/account I'm working in right now. This to add values to the current account/contact from within an external application.

Thanks in advance!
benjasikbenjasik
If in the UI, the URL contains the ID of the record the user is viewing.

If in the API, that doesn't really make sense.

Sounds like what you may want is an inline scontrol if you want to enhance the data the user is looking at.
Rutger KarsRutger Kars
Hi Benji,

thanks for your reply. As security roles doesn't allow me to read in the history URL, I have to make other choices... So I guess that I will need to use a sControl. However, I couldn't find any usefull information about sControls, what they are, how they work, and most important... How I can use it!
Maybe can you give me some small hints?? (Or is a sControl not SalesForce specific but a general accepted method??)

To give you a bit more background information: The problem I have is that I toggle between connections on my own webserver (where I've done the login through the API) and Salesforce.com URLs. I'm working in Salesforce, which is the active url, but an event is generated from outside and will redirect me to my own webserver. As this event is coming from outside, Request.UrlRefferer doesn't work and so I cannot read in the history url string.