function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
giladwgiladw 

Extracting Saleforce.com data to MS SQL Server

Hi,

Hopefully this is the right place to post data extraction questions.
My task is to be able to export the salesforce.com opportunity table to a MS SQL server (currently 2000)database table. Approximatly, we are talking about 150 K records in the opportunity table.

My requirements are:

- Process should be fully automated
- Process should be able to execute 4-5 a day
- On success or failure of extraction, some individuals should be notified
- Nice to have: only opportunities changed or added in the same day should be extracted (So if today is February 2nd, i would like to extract only opportunities that were changed or added on February 2nd)

I was wondering if you can recommend on tools to do this king of work. I heard about dbamp and was wondering whether it's a suitable one, smae goes for the data loader.

Your hints are more than appreciated,
Thanks,
Gili
DevAngelDevAngel
DBAmp is the way to go.  You can schedule DTS tasks with dbAmp.
forceAMPforceAMP

DBAmp has both a replicate (full copy) and refresh (incremental) stored procedures. Most people just schedule the procs as SQL Server jobs; DTS is possible as well but you have the extra DTS overhead which you really don't need.

Bill Emerson

Developer, DBAmp

michaelleemichaellee
I'll follow up -- we've been using DBAmp for a year or so for interaction (in both directions) with Salesforce and SQL Server and it's worked very well for us.

Thanks,
Michael
David GardelDavid Gardel
Take a look at Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/replicate-salesforce-to-sql-server)it is a full monty solution that can completely cover all the needs that you mentioned. In addition, the price for it is really attractive, try it

BTW, free plan available