function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdc-apexsfdc-apex 

Web To Lead

Hi All,

I have a query on web-to-lead. I have created two web-to-lead HTML pages for different record types basing on the fields and the lead records needs to be created in thier respective record types when the form is submitted, but all the lead forms which get submitted are getting created in the default record type and not in their respective record types. How can I solve this issue?

Thanking You
Bharat Baradia
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

Below is info from Help & Training that will probably help you. Good luck.

You can use Web to X forms to designate a specific record type for each of the records submitted through your forms.

By inserting the ID of the record type in where you find the Xs below, the record type will be automatically selected upon creation of the record.

<input type="hidden" id="recordType" name="recordType" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX">

This will select the record type the new record is created in and will override the default record type of the user it is assigned to.

*Note: In the case of Web to Lead, please verify that the option "Keep the existing record type" is selected as your Record Type Setting. This is located at:

Setup | Customize | Leads | Settings - For leads
or
Setup | Customize | Cases | Support Settings - For cases.

sfdc-apexsfdc-apex
Thank You For the Solution. Sorry For late reply.
whateverwhatever

I am having this same issue. I ensured that "Keep the existing record type" is selected, and i added in my recorType just as described. With no luck. Please advise. 

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type="hidden" id="recordType" name="recordType" value="XXXXXXX">
<input type=hidden name="oid" value="XXXXXXX">
<input type=hidden name="retURL" value="http://example.com">

<label for="first_name">First Name</label><input  id="first_name" maxlength="40" name="first_name" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="last_name">Last Name</label><input  id="last_name" maxlength="80" name="last_name" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="email">Email</label><input  id="email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="company">Company</label><input  id="company" maxlength="40" name="company" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="state">State/Province</label><input  id="state" maxlength="20" name="state" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<input type="submit" name="submit">

</form>