function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pavanpavan 

Autopopulating Account Address when an Account is selected by lookup search

Hi all,

Iam a complete newbie.i have tried my level best to solve the above problem but could not make it .Iam posting here with a lot of hope and respect. hope i get a solution for this.

can any one help me in the following quesries :

1) How can i  autopopulate the Account Address when i select the Account to reduce the double entry of the Account address?

2) Where can i find the various fields in the salesforce ,so that i can use the fields to display accordingly ?

waiting for your valuable replies ,

Thanks in advance

best regards
Pavan Kumar.Narra
rsk_1980rsk_1980
A1 -  What do you mean by "autopopulate"?
I am assuming your question translates to "How do I customize my Account page layout?"
To customize your page layout ... go to "Setup" on the top of your page...
then click Customize on the left ... then Accounts ... then Page Layouts or Search Layouts.
The other option is to use the "Customize" button (drop down) when you search for an account
and you land on the "Search Results" page. This will only customize the Search Layout.

You may need "Administrator" access to customize these settings for all users.

A2 - Again... "Setup" link on the top of the page and then "Customize" on the left.

Regards,
Shiv.

pavanpavan
Dear Shiv,

I appreciate your efforts.but iam sorry,actually i was looking

1) How to show the user when he selects the get shipping address button , we should show the user the Shipping address of the Account.to be displayed in the same window or in the popup window.

precisely what i exactly need is how to copy the Account Shipping Address and display in the other tabs ,i mean for example in oppurtunities tab.

thanks for your help in advance,

With Best Regards,
Pavan Kumar.Narra

pavanpavan
Dear Shiv,

I appreciate your efforts.but iam sorry,actually i was looking

1) How to show the user when he selects the get shipping address button , we should show the user the Shipping address of the Account.to be displayed in the same window or in the popup window.

precisely what i exactly need is how to copy the Account Shipping Address and display in the other tabs ,i mean for example in oppurtunities tab.

thanks for your help in advance,

With Best Regards,
Pavan Kumar.Narra