function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GoForceGoGoForceGo 

Shared logins/access across tenants

Does salesforce support the concept of shared login/access across tenants.

If not, can this be accomplished through Apex Coding or the multi-tenancy security will disallow for this?

Here are three examples I am wondering about. 

In these examples, companies A and B are two salesforce.com customers.

1) I am a sales person who works for A and B ? Can I login once, and see my leads across both companies in one place.

2) I am a reseller and sell products for companies A and B and want to see leads in one place that are generated by A and B.

3) I am a common client (end customer) of companies A and B. I want to login once and see how my support issues from both A and B in one place.

GoForceGoGoForceGo
Would love to hear any comments from folks or suggestions where I can get this information.

DevAngelDevAngel
Hi GoForceGo,

The nature of the multitenant model is to enforce the separation of data between "orgs" (that's the term used for "tenants").  Certainly there could be a "moderator" application or middleware application that might be used to orchestrate the sharing of data between orgs and between customers of salesforce.com users.

One thing you will not find though, is shared access or shared logins between these orgs, it's antithetical to the security and trust of a multitenant system.

Cheers
adi kurugantiadi kuruganti
I've responded to this posting in a similar thread found here: http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/83191 We will be supporting cross-org data share, limited to leads, opportunities and custom objects with the Winter 08 release. We won't be supporting maintaining one user login cross multiple orgs. Please contact your AE if you are interested in this feature