function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IlyesIlyes 

Opportunity Related Objects

Hello!
How can i add new object to the Related List Section of the  Opportunities Page Layout?
thanks!
CJagannathCJagannath

For this you’ll have to relate the custom object into the Opportunity object. In order to do this you may create a look up field (or master detail) which will look up the Opportunity object. Once this is done, you can see the custom object in the related list of the Opportunity object.

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath

IlyesIlyes

Jagannath, tell me please where i must to do this.

1. Bceause I created Custom-s control,

2. then created Custom object and selected in "Open a window using a custom s-control" my s-control

3. then created new field which lookups to this Custom object

and it added to Opportunity Fields section not to Opportunity Related List

tell me what i do wrong, please?

thanks for your time!

CJagannathCJagannath

If you only want to add a custom object in the related section of the Opportunity object then you may follow the process that I mentioned. Once again I’m stating this step by step:

-          Create a custom object.

-          Create a custom field of type Look up (or Master detail). Please make sure this field looks up Opportunity object

-          Once you’ve done this, automatically in your Opportunity page layout, the custom object will be displayed in the related list section

(You can also hide this custom object from the related section of the Opportunity page layout)

You don’t need to create any SControl for this!

Hope this will resolve your doubts.

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath

agermanagerman
Hi,

Do you have any suggestions on how to convert a custom object w/ a lead lookup relationship to the contact when I create an opportunity?

I have custom object that links real estate properties to the leads, but when I create an opportunity I lose the lookup relationship.

Thanks!