function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ad75ad75 

Two problems with Force.com IDE plugin for eclipse 3.3

I asked this as a question on yesterday's Winter09 Highlights webinar and was advised to report the issues here.

I am trying to use the Force.com IDE plugin installed into FlexBuilder3 (which is based on Eclipse 3.3).  I'm doing this because I'm developing an Apex/Flex hybrid app and am already using FlexBuilder to develop the Flex code, so it makes sense to write the Apex code in the same IDE if possible.  It mostly works fine, but two specific aspects are not working for me:

1. Accessing the force.com help files within Eclipse.
2. The Apex code completion functionality.

On the first one, I posted the problem here and JoshVH kindly directed me to a fix that had been posted to a separate thread here.  So it's fixed for me, but I just wanted to make sure that SFDC is aware of it in case this can be fixed and go forward into a future release.

On the second one, code completion does not work correctly for me when editing Apex classes, as described here.  I don't have a solution for this one, so any help would be appreciated.

By the way if anyone has the Force.com IDE plugin working on FlexBuilder3, please reply as I'd be interested.

Thanks.
JonPJonP
Thanks for reporting these issues--we'll look into them.

Jon
ad75ad75
Jon - FYI, an update.

My FlexBuilder IDE updated itself this morning and received a 3.0.1 update to FlexBuilder.  The code completion now seems to work, so it seems likely that might be a FlexBuilder issue rather than a Force.com IDE plugin issue.

It's not clear whether the FlexBuilder 3.0.1 update might also have fixed the problem with the Force.com help links in the IDE though, because I had already patched that using the fix from Faustus404 here.

JonPJonP
Thanks for the update.  We'll continue to keep an eye on this issue and add the solutions you and others have provided to our Force.com IDE FAQ on the wiki.

Thanks,
Jon
ad75ad75
Jon,

I'm sorry to confuse the issue, but my previous post was wrong.  When I checked code completion after the 3.0.1 FlexBuilder update, I was absent-mindedly checking code completion in MXML/Actionscript files, rather than Apex class files.

So to be clear, my original code completion problem is still there in Apex class files, as described in my separate post here.  In brief, error messages appear in a dialog box like this:
"Content Assist" did not complete normally.  Please see the log for more information.
and
String index out of range: -1