function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IC-TannerIC-Tanner 

Problem accessing Close Case Page Layouts via Eclipse IDE

I wanted to create a Case Close Page Layout today and noticed that the current Case Close Page Layouts are not shown in the IDE via Eclipse. All other page layouts for standard and custom objects are shown as well as regular "Case Page Layouts"? Can you anyone know why or if the "Case close page Layouts" are just not accessible via the IDE? What I wanted to do was simply create a copy of a "case page layout" for the "Closed Case page layouts" since you cannot clone a "Closed Case page layouts" directly from a "case page layout" via the standard Salesforce interface.

Thanks ahead of time!
JonPJonP
There's a currently a bug which makes Case Close Page Layouts a little difficult to get from the IDE.

To download a Case Close Page Layout called "My Layout" in the Summer '08 Force.com IDE, you have to open the file "src/unpackaged/package.xml" and add the following line in red:

Code:
<types>
<members>*</members>
<members>CaseClose-My Layout</members>
<name>Layout</name>
</types>

As you can see, the metadata component name you need to put into the <members> tag of the Layout section is "CaseClose-{Page Layout Name}".

IC-TannerIC-Tanner
Thanks Jon! You help was much appreciated. I unfortunately also found out while working on this that you cannot display related lists on CaseClose layouts. This seems odd to me as I would still like to be able to view this pertainent information while reviewing closed Cases. It might be necessary to just utilize the "open" cases 'status' values and layouts to overcome this issue. Therefore not utilzing the default open/closed case functionality.

Thanks again.
msilbermsilber
The Close Case pages are special pages that are only used in "Edit Mode", not "View Mode". If you want to drive a different page layout for closed cases, you should change the Case Record Type to something different via a workflow rule and then do page layout assignments that way. For example, you should make all the fields read-only and remove related list "New" buttons.