function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PRepakaPRepaka 

How do i create multiple objects in a single lookup field in an object?

hi

How do i create single lookup field with different multiple objects in a custom object.

My requirement is :

i want to create a ParentId field of a custom object (Id of the related Parent: Project,Invoice,support,Sale,e.t.c)
How can i create a lookup field which consists of multiple objects.

please help me to do this task.

MWilliamMWilliam
I have a similar issue.  I want to mimic what SFDC does with Activities and Events.  I have a custom object, Call Center Transactions, related to the Lead object.  When a Lead is converted I want the related Call Center Transaction related list to move be referenced and show up on the Contact that is created.  SFDC does a multi lookup for the Who field which becomes the Whoid that links both Leads and Contacts to the Event object.  I've attempted to create a lookup field for Lead and Contact, but it only allows me to choose one object.  Thus, no ablility to create the multi lookup.  Since SFDC has made this functionality work on thier standard objects, why is this option not available for custom objects and fields as well?
dkielydkiely

Did you find a solution for this? Please let me know if so as I currently need this functionality.

Regards

Derek