function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoannaAtMaritzJoannaAtMaritz 

Problem with Workflow

We have a custom object SQB (Sales Qualification Briefs), which is a Master/Detail relationship with Opportunities.  We have an approval process set up on SQB.  I'm trying to set up an additional Workflow to do an e-mail notification for certain cases when certain SQBs are submitted for approval.

The way the approval process is set up is that the Initial Submission Actions include 1) Record Lock 2) Field Update (updating a custom field on the SQB called "Approval Status" to "Pending").

The requirements for this new workflow includes e-mailing Person A based on the following rules: 1) it must occur upon submission of the SQB, 2) The Opportunity that the SQB is based on must have a Business Unit (custom field) = Loyalty, 3) The user submitting the SQB must have Sector Leader (custom hierarchy field) = Person B.

So, here is the rule criteria that I set up:

(Sales Qualification Brief: Approval Status equals Pending) and (Opportunity: Business Unit equals Loyalty) and (Current User: Sector Leader equals 00580000001pZmw) - fyi 00580000001pZmw is the SFC id for Person B

And I have the Evaluation Criteriaset to:
When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

I've made sure to activate the workflow rule as well, and I've added the e-mail alert (hardcoded to e-mail myself).

To test, I've logged in as a user who has Person B as their Sector Leader, I went to a SQB that was on a Loyalty opportunity, and submitted it.  But, no e-mail was sent.  Is there anything wrong with my rule criteria?

I read in the SFC help text "Some functions are not available in workflow rule formulas. You cannot create a formula in which a custom object references fields on a parent object."  Does this mean that I cannot reference the Business Unit field in my rule criteria?  How can I get this workflow to work?

Thanks so much.

Joanna