function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EllenataplEllenatapl 

Reports, Filters, and Formulas Assistance Requested

We are a nonprofit that provides financial literacy and life skills training. For our outcome measurements, we give the participants a pre-knowledge assessment (survey) with 4-6 questions and a post test knowledge assessment asking the exact same questions. We are looking to see if we have increased the knowledge levels with the training.The surveys answers questions are: true, false, I don't know or a,b,c,d, with a I don't know. We do want to track the I don't knows (but I think this will have to be done in a second report) and the correct answers in order to report our impact. We also include 5-9 post (after the class) opinion questions (picklist)(ex. Do you feel you have acheived the objective of knowing how to chose the correct credit card for you?) We ask them their opinion of their knowledge prior to the class and their opinion of their knowledge after the class (scale- 0-5). We would like to see this difference. 

We have created an object called Knowledge Assessment Questions. We plan on mapping the surveys from Clicktools to Salesforce. Currently, we have the answer picklist in the fields as true, false, I don't know or the a,b,c,d, I don't know. We have not been able to come up with a genius way to automatically tell the number of participants who responded to the correct answers. So, the thought was to use the conditioning in Clicktools to set the correct answers to 1, and since we do want to track the 'I don't knows' set that the number 2. All incorrect answers would be assigned 0. (I am thinking we need to change all the picklist fields to reflect this, 1,2,0) For the fields- we have labeled the questions in a generic format- ex. Mod1 PreQ1 (for Module 1 Pre-knowledge assessment question) and Mod1PostQ1 (for Module 1 Post Knowledge Assesment Question1)

So they look like:

Mod1PreQ1

Mod1PreQ2

Mod1PreQ3

Mod1PostQ1

Mod1PostQ2

Mod1PostQ3

The thought was that this will allow us to edit or reword questions if need be without having to re-write the fields in salesforce.

I am hoping that through the filtering and reporting, we can do a summary report with the number of correct answers of the pre knowledge assessement. Here's the thing- we need to calculate the difference of the pre-knowledge assessments and the post knowledge assessments. This is the number we are really interested in. Can a formula be developed for this? Can we set up a report with the formula that we can use for all the modules, with just filtering for the different ones? Do we need a seperate report for the opinion questions that do not require any calculations or formulas other than adding up the total? On the report, will it show the True False answers or the numbers? If need be, can we change it so that we see the true/false/I don't knows instead of the numbers? 

First, we want to be sure our thoughts of how to set this up will be the best approach. Second, is this possible? And third, how and where to put the formula(s).