function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LJanikLJanik 

Customer Portal - Use VisualForce Page as Home Page

Is there any way to have the user go directly to a custom VisualForce page instead of a Home Page immediately after login.  I know I can redirect a home page with JavaScript or Metatag Refresh, but I would prefer not to use these workarounds.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ClintLeeClintLee

One way to do this is as follows:

You can go to Setup > Create > Tabs and create a new VisualForce tab with the VF page that you want to use as the home page.

Then go to your Customer Portal > Customize Portal Tabs > and add your new VisualForce tab to the Selected tabs and set that tab as the Default Landing Tab.

Hope that helps,

Clint

All Answers

ClintLeeClintLee

One way to do this is as follows:

You can go to Setup > Create > Tabs and create a new VisualForce tab with the VF page that you want to use as the home page.

Then go to your Customer Portal > Customize Portal Tabs > and add your new VisualForce tab to the Selected tabs and set that tab as the Default Landing Tab.

Hope that helps,

Clint

This was selected as the best answer
ClintLeeClintLee
I forgot to mention that you need to be certain to give your Customer Portal user profile access to that VisualForce page.
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

You can also use customer portal with sites, this way you can create portals whose look and feel is completely governed by you requirements/taste. An example can be found here.

There is a step by step tut on how to do this in chapter 14(if I remember correctly) of the force.com developer's cookbook.

Cheers,

Wes