function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DshorizonDshorizon 

Setting account owner to unassigned.

HI, we recently moved over to sales force, at the moment I have about 30 accounts and a good number of contacts we moved from our old crm into sales force. These specific accounts we would like to assign them a new account owner of Unassigned. This would be easy if we wanted to consume one of our licences. What I'm wondering is there a way that we don't have to waste one of our log ins and still be able to assign an account owner a unassigned or a no account owner status.
flewellsflewells
An Owner must be assigned to a record.  Other than your original idea of creating a new user called "Unassigned", the only other option I can think of is for you, as System Administrator (I presume), to be the Owner.  I'm guessing you wouldn't normally be the owner, your Users would be, so assigning you as the Owner could be a way to distinguish the records.
DshorizonDshorizon
Thats what i was afraid of,Unassigned is a fix for now. Thanks for the help I searched all over for a answer but i couldn't find one.I'm surprised no one has wanted to assign accounts this way. 
Nick1746323Nick1746323
This is what "Queues" are for. Just create one called "Unassigned".
DshorizonDshorizon
Would anyone know if its passable to change sales force to accept accounts into the queue, or mass transfer a bunch of accounts back into leads? it doesn't seem like i can place any of these accounts into the unassigned queue. 
Nick1746323Nick1746323

Ah apologies, I just realised that its only cases, leads and custom objects that can be assigned to queues, so this isn't going to help