function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RYakerRYaker 

I think it would be very beneficial for someone to write javascript inteface to API

So far I ahve only seen references to doing stuff in javascript by building the SOAP XML messages for the sforce API manually. I think it would be a huge boon to lite clients that can reside on Salesforce.com if someone would write an open source Javascript class, or library that talked the sforce api.
benjasikbenjasik
We've discussed this internally before, but never gotten around to it. I would love to see someone do this. The cool thing is, they could host it, so any improvements to it they make, everyone would get.
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hello,

This could be a good idea indeed. But I do not understand your hosting things.

Nevertheless it is quite complicated if you add compaibility to the different browser.
Maybe I could work on it if you could make some requirements

Regards
adamgadamg
There are a number of new open source projects that in theory could work well with this (as part of the larger Ajax meme du jour.)

If someone wants to check out http://dojotoolkit.org/ and see if there is a fit I'd be grateful.

Stars of sforce - this is your chance for fame!
benjasikbenjasik
My idea: Someone hosts a .js file that has create, update, delete, query methods like the office toolkit. Rather than having to use raw XML messages like people are doing in javascript today, abstract all that into function calls. Yes, doing this cross-platform would be tricky, although I'd start with IE first since it still has over 90% of the market.
darozdaroz

benjasik wrote:
My idea: Someone hosts a .js file that has create, update, delete, query methods like the office toolkit. Rather than having to use raw XML messages like people are doing in javascript today, abstract all that into function calls. Yes, doing this cross-platform would be tricky, although I'd start with IE first since it still has over 90% of the market.

Actually I just read a report that shows it just slipped under the 90% mark. And still falling.

We've also started standardizing on Firefox -- yes it breaks mail merges, but they're broken for us anyway.
RupRup
_pleeeeeease_ make this compatible with Safari on Mac OS X, please.