function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LenLen 

Is there no way to Test before deploying changes?...

Hi, I am new to developing with Sales Force.  The first issue that has jumped out at me is that there is no way to test our integration-code changes before deploying them for 'real' use.  Testing against my 'Developer Account' is not useful because my developer account does not contain all the data, custom fields, objects, rules, etc.  It is very far from being a reliable test bend for pre-deployment changes.

Without a test environment, it is difficult to not only perform QA but it it difficult to even develop code since the code can't be executed and debugged during development.

Has anyone else found this limitiation as challenging as we have?  It would be nice if there was at least some way to backup our account and then restore it again after testing.

Len.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Len,

We do have a test-instance program that is currently in pilot.  The test-instance program provides an exact copy of your production account at a point in time.  You are also able to request that your test instance be re-set periodically.

Unfortunately, the pilot is closed currently.  You should contact Account Executive or Customer Success Manger for additional information.

Adam@42Adam@42
Where is this up to? Is the testing instance available now?
Ron HessRon Hess
yes, this is live, please contact your sales rep for details
AidenMAidenM
Hi,

From what I've read, the Sandbox is only available for Enterprise Users who are paying for Platinum Support.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Aiden