function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iliveinhopeiliveinhope 

Simulating Single Sign On

I wrote a .NET application. Now I want this application to be accessible through Salesforce. For example add a weblink pointing to the application. I am trying to simulating single sign on so that users don't have to sign in again with the .NET application. And .NET application authenticats the user based on her salesforce user name and password.

I searched this board and concluded I will not be able to get the password from salesforce through API or salesforce UI. (If I am wrong here please let me know). So my question is:

1. if i store user name and password of salesforce.com in a custom field in salesforce. how do i get the password syncronized when someone changes the password. is it possible without the aid of an other program?

2. once i signin at salesforce.com's web UI, I assume I abtain a session id from the server. is there a way to access this session id and pass it to the .NET application? and can the .NET application use it to access sforce web services?

Thanks.

Message Edited by iliveinhope on 04-01-2005 12:17 PM

SuperfellSuperfell
To answer the last question first, yes, there's a sessionId, and its available as a parameter on your WIL (along with an API endpoint URL). your code can then use the SessionId + Url to access the API. This is a very common usage pattern for WILs.