function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
escheelescheel 

Lock down an opportunity after it is closed won?

Does anyone know of a best practice for locking down an opportunity after it is closed won? We want to prevent our sales people from changing the amount or name of the opportunity. Security suggests that I change the record owner but that will mess up our reports. I also thought about using record types and creating a read only page layout but it does not appear that I can make all of the fields read only.

My best idea right now is to create an sforce control that would change the record type and write the opportunity name and amount to a text field on the opportunity. Then display a page layout with that text field as read only and no other fields. Sounds like a lot steps. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

FMSalesFMSales

Eric,

I am afraid your proposed solution is better than any I could think of..I am actually writing to see if you can direct me to information about bulding sforce controls like the won you propose for changing the record type and writing text to fields. There are several situations within our environment where a process like that would be desirable. Do you have any suggestions where I might start to teach myself how to writr that type of sforce control?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Federico LarsenFederico Larsen
We have the same problem. Our solution was, change the recordtype, use a page with layout all we can do read only, (mandatory fields can not be read only) so we duplicate the critical information in custom fields which can be readonly and finally use a work flow rule to trigger a security alert wen somebody modifies the the critical info.

Hope it Helps.

Federico.-
Silvie ParkSilvie Park
Same issue, want all Closed Opportunities locked down. But, I do want the System Admin to be able to go in and update still, in case there were any mistakes at closing. 

So I created 2 validation rules in my org:

1. To lock the stage:

AND(
ISCHANGED(StageName),
OR(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Closed Won"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Closed Lost"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Closed Passed")
),
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator"
)

2. To lock the fields:

AND(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed Won"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed Lost"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed Passed")
),
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator"
)