function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL) 

A bug in Search?

When I execute the following search I recieve the search limit (200) of random records in response, regardless of whether the email exists in the database or not:

FIND {otto.b.good@odot.state.or.us} IN EMAIL FIELDS

This appears to be related to the form of the email domain.
I'm using the v5.0 API.
There appears to be a *RECURSION* fault buried in the reply message.
The request frequently times out.

Park
darozdaroz
I don't know if this is a change or not with the Summer Release, as I don't use any SOSL queries, but I tried that exact query in my org (where I have very few email addresses) and I think I got all the records that had any email address back. I didn't get a fault in the SOAP reply tho.

What I did test as well was to do an advanced search in the UI and got the same result as the SOSL in the API... When I tried it enclosed in " marks I returned 0 results. Perhaps that's what you need to do?
Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

daroz wrote:
I don't know if this is a change or not with the Summer Release, as I don't use any SOSL queries, but I tried that exact query in my org (where I have very few email addresses) and I think I got all the records that had any email address back. I didn't get a fault in the SOAP reply tho.

What I did test as well was to do an advanced search in the UI and got the same result as the SOSL in the API... When I tried it enclosed in " marks I returned 0 results. Perhaps that's what you need to do?

Yes, putting quotes around the address does solve the problem. Still, it's odd that it parses some email addresses correctly, but not others.

Thanks