function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

Cant find ID of Custom object after deploying to Prod via changesets

Hi,

I've deployed custom object and custom fields to the Production org using change sets. I am trying to find the ID of the Custom Object that i deployed, but i dont find an ID when i query using eclipse. I usually used to recreate the custom objects and fields, so never experienced this situation.

I need to find the ID of the custom object deployed to make changes in my apex code or can i just use the sandbox Custom Object ID and deploy the code to Production?

Thanks.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Your query is bit unclear, by Id what are you implying:-

1. ID of the SObject Type-- if yes then the ecllipse schema explorer will come handy.

2. If case you are refering to the ID field of the Sobject and you cannot see it in the ecllipse schema explorer then the im place of ID field a unique identifier name field might have been created.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

sabamonasabamona

Check the profile settings for the object you have deployed. Deployment through chagesets does not include the security settings. Mark the object and uts fields read/write for the profile manually in production.