function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DrawloopSupportDrawloopSupport 

Real-Time Quotes - Create Quote PDF via Web Services API

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a quote PDF on-the-fly via the Salesforce Web Services API?

Thanks!

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I have done PDF generation  on the fly via visual force page. For that you have to make use of:-

1. Style for adding header and footer to the document

2. In the Apex:page tag use renderas="pdf

Refer to code enclosed for reference:-

<tfoot >
<div class="Section1">
 <div style="mso-element:footer;">
<table id='tbFoot' width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" >
    <tr>
    <td>
    <p class='MsoFooter' align="left" style="font-size: 10px">Aeroflex {!oppAeroflexLocation}, Inc. <b>.</b> 35 South Service Road <b>.</b> Plainview, New York 11803 Phone: 516-694-6700 <b>.</b> Fax: 516-694-6715 <b>.</b> www.aeroflex.com</p>
    </td>
     <td>
    <p class='MsoFooter' align="right" style="font-size: 10px"><span style='mso-field-code: PAGE '></p>
    </td>
    </tr>
</table>
</div>
</div>
</tfoot>

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved

DrawloopSupportDrawloopSupport

Sorry. This is not what I was looking for. From the standard Salesforce Quote object and click the Create PDF button. I want to be able to dynamically pull this PDF file via the Web Services API. I will keep digging. Thanks, though!

Volker_factory42Volker_factory42

I'm also looking for a solution for that. I will post it, if I find something :smileyhappy:

Roya AzimiRoya Azimi
Did you guys find the solution? I am looking to see if I can use API to attach my own generated PDF to the Quote PDF related list on the standard quote object.